Thursday, January 26, 2012

So, what do you do while you list?

I read somewhere that the average toddler requires the caretaker's attention approx. every 4 minutes- I think it might be even more often at our house. Take that combined with the timer going off every 20 minutes to take little one to the potty (we are on week 2 of potty training), and hubby working late to get some overtime pay that we really could use and it means that mommy doesn't get to start her work-ebay work- until at least 9 pm or so. (Which would be okay if it didn't continue until 3 am or so, the 5:00 alarm clock rings too soon!)
I look forward to listing time because the house is quiet, no one is wanting to share my soda, my chair, or anything else and I get the TV all to myself. No hunting shows, no wonder pets, just me and my TV.

Maybe you should know this about me- it drives my hubby crazy-I tend to get on kicks. Last summer when I sewed over 200 children's clothing sets for a local craft show and my etsy store  I was on a Who's the Boss kick. Other times its been the golden girls, felicity, big love, sex and the city. . . . I just keep watching all of them until there are no more to watch. Well, okay, really it's more listen to them than watch, but you get what I'm saying. (I've also been known to do this with food. The week after Christmas I ate 4 full jars of those green olives with the red thing in the middle- now I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole)

So today, I discovered Hulu. I've read about it before, but never really took the time to check it all out. Now I am jumping for joy.  I just take my ipad, set it to Hulu, watch/listen wherever I am working, and I can list, or sew or cook dinner and watch a show. That makes me very happy, and much more patient with my little big boy, when I have just a few minutes to myself. (I hit pause about every 4 minutes, can you guess why?)
Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes to an audio book from the library, but most often it's old tv reruns.

What's your favorite while I list activity?

So- here's to dry pullups almost all day long- and Roseanne reruns. (There are 8 seasons to go thru, so this kick might go on for a while!)

2 comments:

  1. Hmm.. a bunch of this sounds strangely familiar. I get on these gotta watch reruns of shows (but mine are on DVD that I play late at night). Last week it was all episodes of "Tales from the Crypt"- This week I have started "X-files"

    As for listing, I end up doing it in the wee-hours of the morning. I usually have that weeks DVD choices playing softly in the background, praying that it is not loud enough to wake anyone.

    I don't have to much time during the day with the young ones (youngest is almost 1 1/2), homeschooling the other 6, daily errands, chores, and what-not.

    My husband helps by---umm, sending all the kids and problems to me if they come his way.

    So, after this long-winded explanation-my favorite part is being able to quietly listen to some shows, that I have missed over the years.

    Danelle (also known as the other half)
    http://lifeinthesetimes-markeagleone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one!

    And your comment about your husband made me laugh, because I think my husband graduated from the same husband school as yours! It drives me nuts with just one, I can't even imagine how you do it with 7! Isn't it amazing how many episodes you can watch without the commercials, I'd say probably 3 to every episode with commercials.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...